Regardless of how much experience you may have with plumbing, it can be dangerous to fix a faulty gas line. It’s important not to fix a problem yourself, as one small mistake can result in a fire or explosion. Instead, call a professional plumber who specializes in gas line repair.
It’s important to get regular inspections of your gas lines. A qualified plumber can determine whether you have a leak and what can be done to repair it. Many leaks are fixed easily, but others will require replacing. You should never try to fix a leak on your own. A professional plumber can ensure that your gas lines are safe and comply with current codes.
Here are some repair tips to determine what type of gas line you have and follow the manufacturer’s instructions:
- A damaged gas line can be hazardous. It’s not only unsafe to breathe the odor of natural gas, but it can cause explosive conditions
- It’s important to contact the utility company if you think you’ve detected a leak, and they may be able to take care of the problem for you
- If you smell rotten eggs, call a plumber as soon as possible immediately
- Gas line leakage is a major issue that homeowner’s insurance may not cover
- A professional can also install new gas appliances and handle repairs during construction and renovations
With two decades of experience, Cole’s Plumbing Dallas is professionally qualified to perform thorough gas line inspections & repairs. We have the right equipment, tools, and experience to do the job right – at an affordable price. Call/text us at (972) 210-9033 or complete the Get an Estimate form with your pipeline/sewer line questions.